The theme for Monday Posts in March is Winter Vegetables.
These will be mainly cruciferous vegetable: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage.
Once my winter squashes / pumpkins are done we enjoy all of these winter veggies right up until asparagus season.
These are simple, easy recipes – no detailed photos, etc.
Click here to Pin Cauliflower with Parmesan SaucePrint
Cauliflower with Parmesan Sauce
A little Parmesan adds a lot of flavor to this easy dish.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetables
- 1/3 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbs chicken broth
- 3 tbs Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Steam cauliflower for 10 – 12 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Remove from pan and empty water.
- Heat broth in the same pan.
- When hot add mustard, Parmesan and yogurt.
- Stir well as it heats but do not let it boil.
- Spoon over cauliflower and serve.
If you don’t have a steamer, you can put the cauliflower in a saucepan, add an inch or so of water, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
You could do the same recipe using broccoli
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 437.3 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 11.1 mg
Keywords: cauliflower, parmesan, cheese