The theme for Monday Posts in March is Winter Vegetables.
These will be mainly cruciferous vegetable: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage.
Once my winter squashes / pumpkins are done we enjoy all of these winter veggies right up until asparagus season.
These are simple, easy recipes – no detailed photos, etc.
Click here to Pin Shredded Brussels Sprouts with LeeksPrint
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Leeks
Something different for Brussels sprouts: the quick frying leaves them slightly crisp for a refreshing change.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Skillet
- 12 – 15 medium Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 medium leek
- 1 tbs olive oil
- sea salt
- Slice off stem end of sprouts and remove any wilted or damaged leaves.
- Thinly slice the sprouts, cutting the larger ones in half first.
- Trim the leek, cut in half the long way.
- Thinly slice half of the leek, reserving the rest for another use.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks and sprouts.
- Sauté until they start to develop brown spots but are still crisp tender, about 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove, sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Substitute a thinly sliced, small onion for the leek.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 1193.6 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sliced Brussels sprouts, fried Brussels sprouts