The theme for Monday Posts in May is Potatoes.
Potatoes are a very misunderstood vegetable. Yes, they are a vegetable, plus they are healthy.
Potatoes have vitamins C and B6, potassium, copper, manganese and dietary fiber. They offer cardiovascular protection, have a potential for lowering blood pressure and have a variety of phytonutrients with antioxidant activity.
A medium potato is only 140 – 150 calories. It’s the bacon, sour cream, and cheese that take them into ‘unhealthy’ territory.
This month we are celebrating the the humble potato.
As always, the Monday recipes are simple, easy, and without detailed photos, etc.
Click here to Pin Braised Rosemary PotatoesPrint
Braised Rosemary Potatoes
This is a Spanish recipe with lots of flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Skillet
- 10oz (300gr) potatoes, cut in half, then sliced 1/4″
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) white wine
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- In a small, non-stick skillet, sauté potatoes and garlic in olive oil until golden.
- Add wine, stir well, and cook until wine is almost absorbed.
- Combine broth, rosemary, and tomato paste
- Add to skillet and stir well.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and cook until sauce is thickened. if needed.
Use 1 tsp dried rosemary in place of the fresh.
A nonstick skillet, just large enough to hold the potatoes is best for this, but any saucepan would work.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 259.9 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 1.2 mg
Keywords: potatoes, rosemary, braised potatoes