The theme for Monday Posts in June is Salads.
All types of salads – although there are only 4 Mondays we shall try for variety.
The only similarity is that they will be ‘side’ salads, rather than main course salads. Those will come later.
I usually serve this salad warm…. but the recipe serves 4 so we have leftovers.
The leftovers, whether for a quick lunch or leisurely picnic, are always served cold.
If you are just looking for Salad Dressings…..
To Pin Click Green Bean & Potato SaladPrint
Green Bean & Potato Salad
This is good served warm, room temp or right from the fridge, making it a great salad for picnics.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 4 potatoes, medium, cut (see notes)
- 8oz (250gr) green beans, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2″ (4cm) lengths
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery, 2 – 3 ribs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbs cornstarch (corn flour, maizena) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- Put a large saucepan, with a steamer basket inside and an inch of water, on medium – high heat.
- Layer the potatoes in the steamer basket.
- Add the beans on top of potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 10 – 15 minutes after water is boiling or until done.
- Stick a fork into a bean / potato and taste to test.
- Remove from heat, uncover and set aside.
- While potatoes & beans cook:
- In large skillet fry bacon until crisp
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Pour off all but 1 tbs of fat from skillet.
- Add onions and celery, sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, vinegar and bring to boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and slowly stir into skillet until thick.
- Add cooked potatoes, beans, and stir gently to combine.
- Add bacon, crumbled, and stir gently.
- Serve hot, warm or room temperature.
Potatoes: Slice the long way, first in half, then in half again. Now slice (the short way) about 1/4 inch thick. Bite-size.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 307.3 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.1 g
- Fiber: 7.7 g
- Protein: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Keywords: potato salad, green beans, bacon, warm potato salad