The theme for Monday Posts in July is Salads.
All types of salads – although there are only 4 Mondays I shall try for variety.
Last month I did ‘side’ salads; this month they will be main course salads.
We love main course salads and have them for dinner 3 or 4 times a week during the summer.
You can find more in Salads: Main Lettuce and / or Salads: Main Pasta by clicking the links.
If you are just looking for Salad Dressings….
The main course salads are meant to be a complete meal so usually include lots of veggies.
Click here to Pin Lemony Chicken SaladPrint
Lemony Chicken Salad
This is an easy main course salad with Grilled Chicken Breasts and Stir-Fried Veggies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, (12oz, 360gr)
- 5 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbs olive oil
- lettuce – enough for 2 main course salads
- 5oz (150gr) green beans, trimmed, cut into 1″ (2.5cm) lengths
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90gr) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 red bell pepper. cut into sticks
- 4oz (125gr) mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- 2oz (60gr) feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs freshly snipped chives
- 2 tbs freshly snipped basil – lemon basil would be wonderful if you have any
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tbs honey
- 1 1/2 tbs course grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 tbs salad olive oil
- In small bowl whisk together 4 tbs lemon and 2 tbs olive oil.
- Pour over chicken and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare lettuce, tear and put into a large salad bowl.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil and 1 tbs lemon juice in a medium nonstick skillet until sizzling.
- Add mushrooms, beans, peppers and quickly stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts on barbecue grill for 10 – 15 minutes, turning once, or until done.
- Remove chicken and slice.
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- In small bowl whisk together the honey, mustard and lemon juice.
- Slowly whisk in oil. It will be fairly thick.
- To assemble
- Toss lettuce with some of the vinaigrette.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss gently.
- Drizzle with a bit more vinaigrette and serve, with any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
Only add about half of the vinaigrette to start, then taste and adjust. It’s easy to add more….
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 816
- Sugar: 25.3 g
- Sodium: 665.7 mg
- Fat: 54.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.6 g
- Fiber: 10.5 g
- Protein: 50.2 g
- Cholesterol: 149.3 mg
Keywords: grilled chicken breasts, main course salads, honey mustard vinaigrette
4 thoughts on “Lemony Chicken Salad”
Yum!! I made a small salmon pasta salad for dinner today because it’s 94 out and I had a huge piece of leftover salmon from a dinner out the other evening. I’m not giving hubs a choice, he’ll eat it or starve 😉 He would love this one. He prefers lettuce. I had none.
Happy 4th, Ex-pat! 😉
Thanks – I usually forget lol. Salmon is getting really expensive here – more then a beef filet. We are at the start of another heat wave. I’m not looking forward to it. Neither is Guapa.
Haha…prepare lettuce…if you can find one and dont need a second mortgage to buy it !!
I grow it – I never buy it lol. But you’re in winter… that makes it more difficult!
Comments are closed.