The theme for Monday Posts in July is Salads.
All types of salads – although there are only 4 Mondays I shall try for variety.
Last month I did ‘side’ salads; this month they will be main course salads.
We love main course salads and have them for dinner 3 or 4 times a week during the summer.
If you are just looking for Salad Dressings….
The main course salads are meant to be a complete meal so usually include lots of veggies.
Click here to Pin Sausage & Quinoa SaladPrint
Sausage & Quinoa Salad
The quinoa adds a nice bit of flavor and texture to this easy salad. The sausages cook in less time than the quinoa (15 minutes) so this all goes together quickly.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 1/2 cup (3.5oz, 100gr) quinoa
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) beef broth
- 12oz (350gr) sausages
- 1 cup (8oz, 250gr) cannellini (white beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (3oz, 90gr) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2oz (60gr) shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs fresh oregano
- 2 tbs fresh chives
- lettuce, enough for 2 large salads
- Creamy Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- Cook quinoa in broth, 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove quinoa from heat, uncover and fluff with fork.
- Cook sausages on grill or fry in a skillet.
- Put all ingredients for vinaigrette in small bowl and whisk well.
- Put lettuce and herbs in a salad bowl, add half of vinaigrette and toss well.
- When sausages are done, remove and cut into 1″ pieces.
- Add sausages, beans, tomatoes, quinoa, to lettuce and toss well.
- Taste and add more vinaigrette as needed.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Use your favorite sausage in this easy salad. We used pork with herbs.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 896
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 2133.6 mg
- Fat: 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 76.2 g
- Fiber: 18.6 g
- Protein: 60.5 g
- Cholesterol: 59.9 mg
Keywords: salad, main course salad, ,sausages, quinoa