The sun is setting at 9 pm!
It’s almost fall!
At the height of summer it doesn’t set until 10 pm and we have daylight until almost 10:30.
I have to rearrange my evening schedule – switch to fall mode. I’m not ready.
It was so hot that we spent most of July and part of August inside.
It’s so dry we haven’t mowed or done any trimming since June.
We missed summer…..
I ordered firewood today.
We’re still eating salads.
Click here to Pin Chicken & Green Bean Pasta SaladPrint
Chicken & Green Bean Pasta Salad
This easy salad features the best of August’s produce.
This starts out as a stir-fry and finishes as a salad. The peanut / teriyaki dressing is a nice change from the usual vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Skillet
- 1 1/4 cups (4oz, 120gr) pasta, bite-size
- 2 chicken breasts (12oz, 360gr), cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6oz (180gr) green beans, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2″ (4cm) lengths
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Peanut Dressing:
- 2 tbs creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 2 tbs Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbs salad olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, beans and stir-fry 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables to a plate.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Return vegetables to skillet, add Teriyaki sauce and stir well to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Peanut Dressing:
- Put all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk well to combine.
- To finish:
- Put pasta into a large serving bowl.
- Add chicken, vegetables, parsley, tomato and stir gently.
- Add Peanut Dressing and stir to combine.
Substitute soy sauce for the teriyaki. I used yellow tomatoes, but any color works.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 629
- Sugar: 15.2 g
- Sodium: 582.1 mg
- Fat: 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 68.4 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 22.8 g
- Cholesterol: 20.7 mg
Keywords: pasta salad, Teriyaki Chicken
We had some excitement on the canal yesterday.
As we road up to the second set of locks there were people everywhere.
Most of them were wearing blue shirts and hard hats.
There were also lots of white cars with a blue logo, a very large crane, and 2 boats sitting in the locks, with 2 more waiting.
We parked our bikes and wormed our way to the front, naturally…. to see what was going on.
The folks in blue shirts and the cars belonged to whatever agency takes care of the canals.
The crane was in the process of removing one of the gates.
Apparently it had been damaged – by the boat with the smashed prow.
There is a marina on the canal that rents these boats – called Le Boat.
We are convinced that the only requirement they have for the renters is that they know how to turn the ignition key.
We could be wrong….
This boat, apparently, smashed into the gate. We assume that the boat was trying to get close to allow room for the 2nd boat to fit inside – as happens on busy days.
The boater either misjudged the distance or didn’t tie up securely before the water was let in. Or maybe forward and reverse were confused.
Whatever – it tied up traffic for several hours while they got it fixed.