The theme for Monday posts in September is Mushrooms.
I did not willingly eat a mushroom until I was an adult.
The only mushrooms I had been exposed to were canned – either on pizza or in the ubiquitous ‘Cream of Mushroom Soup’
To me, they were just little bits of tasteless rubber. I refused to eat them.
Then I was introduced to fresh mushrooms.
I went from not eating them to foraging for them.
Okay – the foraging was limited to tagging along with someone who knew what they were looking for, but still….
This month we salute the mushroom – whether it’s white button, brown cremini, or wild mushrooms from the local markets.
This recipe is from our friend in the mountains. He used wild, foraged mushrooms.
Click here to Pin Pasta with Mushroom Sauce.Print
Pasta with Mushroom Sauce
This pasta is for mushroom lovers: use your favorites.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta Sides
- 1 cup (3.5oz, 90gr) pasta, bite-size
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms, a variety if possible, trimmed, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup (2.5oz, 75ml) beef broth
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add paprika and sauté briefly.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté until cooked, another 7 – 8 minutes.
- Add broth, paste, and stir well.
- Simmer, uncovered until sauce is thickened, 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add drained pasta, toss well to combine and serve.
I chopped the onion and mushrooms quite small but the size is according to taste.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 5.7 g
- Sodium: 96.2 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mushrooms, mushroom sauce, pasta
Looking for a main course? Skillet Chicken & Mushrooms.