The theme for Monday posts in September is Mushrooms.
I did not willingly eat a mushroom until I was an adult.
The only mushrooms I had been exposed to were canned – either on pizza or in the ubiquitous ‘Cream of Mushroom Soup’
To me, they were just little bits of tasteless rubber. I refused to eat them.
Then I was introduced to fresh mushrooms.
I went from not eating them to foraging for them.
Okay – the foraging was limited to tagging along with someone who knew what they were looking for, but still….
This month we salute the mushroom – whether it’s white button, brown cremini, or wild mushrooms from the local markets.
Click here to Pin Pasta with Zucchini & MushroomsPrint
Pasta with Zucchini & Mushrooms
Use your favorite fall mushrooms in this easy side dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta Sides
- 1 cup (3.5oz, 90gr) pasta, bite-size
- 1 small – medium zucchini (courgette), halved lengthwise, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, cut in half, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4oz (125gr) mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When done drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chili powder, onion, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and zucchini; turn heat to medium and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add tomato, oregano, reduce heat and cook until tomato has softened and zucchini is tender, 4 – 8 minutes.
- Stir in Worcestershire, soy sauce, pasta, combining well.
I used a yellow tomato – thus the color.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 187.3 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.6 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pasta, mushrooms, zucchini