The theme for Monday posts in October is Stuffed Vegetables.
We love stuffing all kinds of vegetables: summer and winter squashes, peppers, pumpkins, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms….
These little pumpkins are the perfect size for 1 person – and just beg to be filled with something savory.
They’re fun to decorate with in the fall and even more fun to serve as a first course or veggie side dish.
Click here to Pin Mini Pumpkins, Stuffed with Walnuts & MushroomsPrint
Mini Pumpkins, Stuffed with Walnuts & Mushrooms
Cute mini pumpkins are both decoration and yummy food for the holidays. 4 inches (10 cm) are a perfect size.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetables
- 2 mini pumpkins
- 3 medium shallots, sliced
- 3oz (90gr) mushrooms, sliced
- 1oz (30gr) walnuts, halves broken
- 1oz (30gr) bacon, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbs fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Place pumpkin tops and bottoms, cut side down on a baking sheet and bake, 400F (200C) oven, for 20 minutes.
- While pumpkins bake:
- Sauté the bacon and shallots in olive oil until both are crisp. Remove and keep warm.
- Sauté mushroom, walnuts, sage and paprika in butter until starting to brown.
- Add bacon and shallots, stir well to combine.
- When pumpkins are ready fill with the stuffing and return the bottoms to the oven for 5 minutes, just to heat through.
- Remove and serve with the tops.
To clean the pumpkins: Cut the top 1/3 off each pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds. You want both the top and bottom for serving.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 9.9 g
- Sodium: 109.4 mg
- Fat: 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.3 g
- Fiber: 8.9 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 19.4 mg
Keywords: mini pumpkins, bacon, mushrooms
If you can’t find mini pumpkins: Stuffed Sweet Dumpling Squash.