The theme for Monday posts in January is Stew.
I love stew.
It’s easy to make and easy to make enough for more than 1 meal.
The meat, vegetables, and flavors can vary according to taste and mood.
Stew is, by definition, (WiKi): a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. A stew needs to have raw ingredients….
The herbs and spices can be anything you like.
Since it’s slow cooker season chez nous….
Click here to Pin Slow Cooker Lamb StewPrint
Slow Cooker Lamb Stew
I used lamb but beef or even chicken thighs would be good.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Skillet: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: One Dish Dinners
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 12oz (360gr) lamb, slices or pieces
- 4 large shallots, cut in half
- 10oz (300gr) butternut squash, cubed
- 10oz (300gr) sweet potatoes, cut in half, then wedges
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180ml) chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large skillet.
- Dredge lamb in flour, add to skillet and brown. Remove to slow cooker
- Add butter, garlic, ginger, and all spices. Stir well.
- Add any remaining flour and stir well.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken broth to skillet and stir until thickened.
- Stir in remaining broth.
- Put all vegetables in slow cooker, on top of lamb.
- Pour the stock over all, cover and cook, low heat, 7 hours.
- Remove lamb and vegetables to a platter and serve.
You could substitute white potatoes for the sweet potatoes. No need to peel either.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 631
- Sugar: 13.1 g
- Sodium: 561.2 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 62.2 g
- Fiber: 9.8 g
- Protein: 40.6 g
- Cholesterol: 129.6 mg
Keywords: lamb, stew, butternut squash, sweet potato
You could also try Slow Cooker Beef & Root Vegetable Stew