The theme for Monday posts in March is Fun with Pastry.
No, I’m not making pastry nor am I giving recipes for pastry.
I buy it.
The recipes will be using purchased puff pastry or phyllo (filo) dough.
Both puff pastry and phyllo can be frozen and re-frozen (once).
Mini Pizzas are fun to make, and easy with purchased puff pastry. They can be for lunch, first course, or a snack.
Make them any shape you like that works with your sheet of pastry.
Click here to Pin Mini Pizzas, Puff PastryPrint
Mini Pizzas, Puff Pastry
I had 2 – 5″ (10cm) circles of puff pastry.
Use pizza dough if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: First Courses
- 4oz (120gr) puff pastry, thawed if needed
- 2 shallots, peeled, sliced
- 1oz (30gr) ham, cut into small pieces
- 1oz (30gr) cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Heat oil in medium skillet.
- Add shallots and sauté over medium-high heat until browned and starting to crisp around the edges, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Mix ketchup, soy sauce and oregano in a small bowl.
- To assemble:
- Lay pastry on baking sheet, either nonstick or lightly oiled.
- With a table knife lightly score a line around the edge of each pastry, about 1/3″ (.75 cm) from the edge. Do not cut through.
- Divide the ketchup mixture and spread within the scored lines.
- Spread the shallots evenly between the pastries.
- Divide the ham and sprinkle on top.
- Top with the cheese, keeping all of the ingredients within the scored lines.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 420F (210C) for 8 – 12 minutes, until sides of pastry have puffed around middle and are golden brown.
- Remove and serve.
You can top these with anything you like – adjust the recipe for larger pastry sizes.
Use a small onion in place of shallots.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 472
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 677.3 mg
- Fat: 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.1 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 10.5 g
- Cholesterol: 17.2 mg
Keywords: pizza, puff pastry
Or White Pizza with Tuna & Feta
2 thoughts on “Mini Pizzas, Puff Pastry”
I haven’t tried this with puff pastry, but I’m going to have to. Sometimes, I just want a little piece of pizza and I don’t want to buy a big pizza and wait for delivery and then try to figure out what to do with the rest of it. I know it’s freezable, but still…
I’ve never lived in a place that had pizza delivery. We tried once, when we lived in MN. We called and said we would order from them if they promised not to try to deliver in whatever time frame they were advertising as our road was too narrow and curvy. We ordered, the driver drove like a fool, we never ordered again. Did not want to have our neighbors all killed by the pizza delivery guy.