I normally make a few of these with scraps of puff pastry just for the 2 of us.
It’s a good way to use the leftover bits. I kind of piece them together, give them a quick roll with a rolling pin and I’m ready to assemble.
Our favorite is with Parmesan as a savory side to a salad or soup.
I made this batch for a dinner party a few weeks ago and used the whole sheet of pastry. I ended up with 18 of them – there were a few left for breakfast….
Click here to Pin Parmesan PalmiersPrint
These are quick to make with purchased puff pastry and a nice accompaniment to salads or soups.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chilling time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 22 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Pastry
- puff pastry sheet, (7.5oz, 230gr)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the pastry.
- Sprinkle 2 tbs of Parmesan evenly over the top.
- Make a mental note (or mark it) of where the middle of the pastry is.
- Starting at the short ends, roll the puff pastry to the middle until the two rolls meet.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate until used.
- Remove from fridge and slice 1/3″ thick (.8cm).
- Lay on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 – 12 minutes, 400F (200C) until pastry is golden and cheese is a bit darker.
- Remove and serve immediately or allow to cool and store in airtight container.
The nutrition info assumes 16 palmiers, 2 per person.
They are quick to make and bake but do need chilling time so plan ahead. It should be chilled at least an hour and can be made 2 days ahead.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 98.7 mg
- Fat: 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Keywords: puff pastry, parmesan
You could fill them with dry-cured ham (Prosciutto?) rather than Parmesan. Bayonne Ham Palmiers
This is how the pastry looks after being rolled up:
If you want a sweet treat you could brush the pastry with melted butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
We love easy recipes!