The theme for Monday posts in June is Summer Sides.
The temps are getting warmer and the evenings are getting longer.
At our house the main course is done on the barbecue grill.
Fresh herbs are such a treat in spring and summer. I make a regular evening stroll around the garden, deciding what I’ll use for dinner.
We need easy, but flavorful, side dishes….
As I’m looking at the Monday posts this month I should have said the theme is ‘easy’.
Click here to Pin Summer Rice PilafPrint
Summer Rice Pilaf
This is meant to be served warm or room temperature rather than hot. It comes very close to being a salad.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Sides
- 1/2 cup (3.3oz, 95gr) Basmati rice
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken broth
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbs fresh snipped basil
- 1 tbs fresh snipped purple basil
- 1 tbs salad olive oil
- 1 tbs white Balsamic vinegar
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and sauté, stirring for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add broth, cover and cook rice for 15 minutes.
- When done fluff with a fork and put into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir gently.
Storing a cut avocado is easy – just remove the pit, lay it flat, cut side down on a plate, and refrigerate. No other fussing is needed. I do it this way every week.
My cherry tomatoes are yellow…
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 473.4 mg
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 7.6 mg
Keywords: rice, pilaf, basil, avocado
For another summery side: Rice with Fresh Parsley & Peas
That’s it !