Is there anything more classic for summer than chicken done on the barbecue grill?
Usually, it’s done with barbecue sauce of some sort, whether purchased or homemade.
Sometimes we like to have different flavors.
I’ve always loved olives, and a purchased tapenade has everything minced finely enough to easily tuck under the skin, giving the meat lots of flavor as it cooks.
Click here to Pin Grilled Chicken TapenadePrint
Grilled Chicken Tapenade
Putting flavorings under the skin lets the flavors slowly baste the meat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grilling
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 chicken thighs
- 3 tbs black olive tapenade
- 1 tbs olive oil
- t tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- Loosen the skin on the chicken by slowly working your fingers between the flesh and the skin. Try not to puncture the skin.
- With your fingers take a bit of the tapenade and put it under the skin, smoothing it over the flesh. Pat the skin back in place.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice; spread over the skin.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook on barbecue grill for 30 – 45 minutes.
Chicken is done at 170F (76C) or when juices run clear – poke with a skewer or knife. Thighs and legs take a bit longer than breasts.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 561
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 362.4 mg
- Fat: 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 50.2 g
- Cholesterol: 261.7 mg
Keywords: grilled chicken, barbecued chicken, tapenade, olives
Another favorite is Spatchcocked Chicken with Lemon
That’s all for now – we have family visiting (a rare occurrence for us) and are busy doing tourist things.
I’d forgotten how much fun being a tourist is….
I’m taking lots of tourist-y photos.