Beets with Maple-Balsamic Glaze
I had fresh beets that I first cooked in my Instant Pot. Stove-top & Instant Pot directions are in the notes.
The time for this recipe assumes cooked beets.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Skillet
- 8oz (240gr) cooked beets, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- Sauté beets in butter until hot.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Wash beets, cut off roots and cut beets in half or quarters to get similar sizes. Put beets on rack in Instant Pot with 1 cup of water.
- Pressure cooking time for beets that are about 2″ in diameter is 20 minutes, then quick release. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- To boil them takes 20 – 40 minutes, depending on size, until tender when pierced with a knife. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Both of these methods are for cooking beets to be used in recipes.
- You could, of course, simply roast and eat them.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 23.5 g
- Sodium: 94.2 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Keywords: beets, red beets. beetroot