Pasta sauce doesn't have to be tomato based.
Even pasta sauce with ground beef doesn't have to be tomato based.
This doesn't have a hint of tomato in it and is definitely on our list of favorites!
Pasta with Beef and Mushroom Sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4oz (120gr) fettuccine
- 10oz (300gr) ground beef
- 6oz (180gr) cremini mushrooms, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 12 – 15 sage leaves, chopped or 2 tbs dried, crumbled
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 2 tsp cornstarch (Maizena) dissolved in 1 – 2 tbs water
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, paprika and sauté until everything is well-cooked, another 7 – 8 minutes.
- Add beef and sauté, breaking it up as it browns.
- Add sage, Worcestershire, mustard and stock; stir well.
- Simmer, uncovered 10 minutes until sauce is thickened. If you prefer thicker sauce, stir in the dissolved cornstarch and cook until clear
- Add drained pasta, toss well and serve.
Work is progressing… We are no longer attempting to heat all of France! (The insulation is finished)
Mon mari is happy to be warm.
Of course, he had to put up some walls before that happened….
Just for fun, this next photo was taken from the doorway – so you get to see opposite corners.
Next the ceiling… Or is it the floor….
One of the two.