The weather is crap – too cold, wet, windy, whatever to do any work outside.
Our visitors are gone.
That means I’ve had 3 days of uninterrupted computer time.
Although it wasn’t nearly as much fun as having friends to play tourist with, I did accomplish rather a lot.
Which is good, because I have 3 weeks of French homework to catch up on tomorrow before I head back to school on Tuesday.
This should give me strength….
Giant Stuffed Grilled Burger
Total time: 35 minutes
- 12oz (350gr) ground beef (mince)
- 3 green garlic, sliced, including green tops
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs dry bread crumbs
- 4 tbs ketchup, divided
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 tsp chili powder, divided
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2oz, (60gr) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Greek or Kalamta olives, chopped
- Wire grill-basket or a mesh grill pan
- Sauté green garlic in olive oil until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Oil grill basket or mesh pan.
- Combine beef, crumbs, 1 tbs ketchup, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp chili powder and mustard.
- Divide beef in half. On plates or waxed paper pat each half into a thin patty, 8 or 9 inches (20 – 23cm) in diameter.
- Put the ‘bottom’ patty in the grill basket or pan.
- Spread green garlic, feta cheese and olives to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Flatten the second patty a bit more and carefully put it on top and work the edges together with your fingers to seal.
- Mix remaining ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and Balsamic vinegar.
- Grill for 8 – 10 minutes over medium-high heat, carefully turn and grill another 8 – 10 or until done, basting each side with the sauce.
- Remove to platter, cut into wedges and serve.
The blog move, I mean.
I think I have fixed all 6,000 (or so) of them.
I think all the photos have been moved.
I took the permanent. irreversible step of deleting the old blog from TypePad.
One last thing and then I’m done talking about it as well…..
The Email Subscription service / software I started using was causing problems. There were some readers who were simply unable to subscribe.
I’ve changed it.
If anyone has problems with the new one, please let me know.
For those of you who have signed up with the old one, no problem, you will still receive the posts….
If, sometime, when you have nothing better to do, and you happen to think of it, you could sign up with the new system, it would help me tidy up a bit….
Ever so much appreciated – and thanks for your support during the move (that took much, much longer than anticipated – of course, I did take time off to play).