I’ll be honest – we always have a bottle of Rustica BBQ sauce in the fridge. Mon mari likes it on avocados and some sandwiches.
Rustica is the brand we have for ketchup, BBQ sauce and a whole like of strange sauces that, apparently, the French love but I refuse to try.
Some sauce names: Chinese, Algérienne, Burger, Aioli, Crudities, Louisiana, Mexican, Pepper, Kebab, Curry….
You get the idea…..
I buy the BBQ sauce for mon mari but, when we are actually using barbecue sauce on grilled meat, I make my own.
This is our favorite.
Click here to Pin Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Ginger Barbecue SaucePrint
Pork Tenderloin, Ginger Barbecue Sauce
This is a slightly hot barbecue sauce with the heat coming from the dry mustard and ginger. Add more if you like – or had hot sauce for more heat.
There should be enough of the Barbecue Sauce left for another meal – it’s great on chicken!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pork
- Method: Grilling
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 12oz (360gr)
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Ginger Barbecue Sauce
- Ginger Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 cup (8oz (240ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tbs molasses
- 2 tbs cider vinegar or other vinegar
- 1 – 2 tsp dry mustard try 1 tsp, taste after heating, add more if you like
- 1 – 2 tsp ground ginger try 1 tsp, taste after heating, add more if you like
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Mix paprika and garlic powder. Rub over pork.
- Put pork on barbecue or in 400F (200C) oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Turn occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Baste pork with barbecue sauce 2 – 3 times, starting after 15 minutes.
- Remove and let rest a few minutes.
- Slice 1/2″ (1.5cm) thick and serve, drizzling with any remaining barbecue sauce.
- Ginger Barbecue Sauce:
- Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan, whisking to combine.
- Bring to a simmer just long enough to combine all ingredients.
I used all of the BBQ sauce to calculate the nutrition info, There is 204 calories in the recipe, or 102 per serving We normally only eat about half of it.
Pork should be done to an internal temp of 145F (62C) – which means it will be slightly pink in the center.
Remove 2 – 3 tbs barbecue sauce to use for basting rather than dipping the basting brush or spoon into the entire sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 19.8 g
- Sodium: 330.7 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 38.6 g
- Cholesterol: 110.5 mg
Keywords: grilled pork tenderloin, barbecued pork, barbecue sauce
I’d show you a photo of my garden but it’s looking very pathetic at the moment. It will only look worse as I continue to pull dead and dying plants.
There is no more room in the cave for winter squash. It took me a minute to figure out why I have no room even though my harvest is less than other years – although only slightly less. Then I realized that, normally, all of my big blue pumpkins and butternut squash would still be on the vines in the potager. I would be waiting for them to slowly die back.
At this time in September the cave would just have the acorn and delicata squashes. They would be mostly gone by the time I harvested the rest in October.
This year it’s all crammed in there.
I did see some pretty flowers the other day on our walk so I’ll leave you with a pretty photo rather than my potager complaints:
I have no idea what it is, but I liked it. It was in the far corner of this property… almost like someone had thrown it out and it decided to grow anyway.
I like that.