The theme for Monday posts in August is Something Else.
It’s not salads or sides or grilling or smoking.
I’m not highlighting a favorite vegetable or other food.
These recipes are just going to be the odd things I make – because.
We love Smoked Pasta.
I’ve made it for lots of friends and they all love it.
But when I tell them what I plan on making they are, shall we say politely, a bit skeptical?!
Then they taste it.
Luckily it’s an easy recipe to double or triple or…
Click here to Pin Smoked Pasta with CheesePrint
Smoked Pasta with Cheese
If you have (or can make) a smoker you have to make this easy pasta dish. Everyone loves it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Smoking time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- 1 1/4 cups (4oz, 120gr) bite size pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4oz (120gr) semi-soft cheese such as fontina or raclette, shredded
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs Kirschwasser or cherry brandy
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Put pasta into grill pan.
- Add all ingredients but shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Put on top rack of smoker and smoke for about an hour, until top starts to brown.
- If using kettle-type barbecue, place over indirect heat, add wood chips and smoke about 30 minutes, or until top starts to brown.
I use a foil tart pan for this – it’s round and our smoker is round so it’s a good fit. I’ve also used cake pans and glass baking dishes.
Use any cheese that is a bit soft so it melts easily. Gouda or Monterey Jack would also work.
You could substitute Amaretto, or a different fruit brandy for the Kirschwasser.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 522
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 975.8 mg
- Fat: 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.7 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 25.6 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: pasta, cheese, smoked, smoked pasta
You could Smoke Salmon at the same time.