I've been making this marinade forever.
I originally used it for veal chops.
We have very good veal here.
We also have excellent pork…. At a much better price.
Occasionally, I can even find nice, thick center-cut chops. I know, very common in the US, but not here….
The chops can marinate anywhere from 1 – 8 hours, I usually do it for 4 or 5.
Barbecued Pork Chops
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 veal chops, 20oz total weight (600gr)
- Barbecue Marinade
- 8oz (220ml) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced – or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Mix all ingredients for marinade and pour over chops.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 and up to 8 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade and cook on barbecue grill for 4 – 6 minutes a side depending on thickness or until done to desired degree.
- Could also be sautéed or broiled for about same amount of time. Serve.
Remember last summer when the puppies were determined to destroy my herb garden?
Remember last fall when mon mari forgot to water what was left of my herb garden?
Remember when I moved what was left to the new spot – digging in the mud in my winter jacket?
It still hasn't filled in completely, but it's only the first year.
I have more than I can use and am slowly drying and freezing my supply for winter.
I was going to post a picture of my potager…. But it's just a green jungle. I hope it's as productive as it looks.
Other than the zucchini, I mean….. Nothing stops the zucchini!